Leading exceptional travel programs to unique destinations worldwide
2018 marks a 40-year professional Tour Director career, with vast international and domestic experience in virtually all aspects of corporate and leisure travel, leading thousands of clients on hundreds of journeys to 55+ countries on 6 continents and the majority of USA states, for several of the world’s most prestigious travel and special event companies by air, motorcoach, cruise ship, small ship, river cruise, rail.
PROFESSIONAL TOUR & TRAVEL PROGRAM DESTINATIONS
Costa Rica (7x)
Hong Kong (14x)
New Zealand (10x)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Majority of USA States, including Alaska (7x) & Hawaii (11x)
TOUR & TRAVEL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
* Awarded 'Tour Manager of the Year' (client-rated #1 worldwide) for Maupintour, a deluxe international tour operator.
* Led deluxe educational programs and alumni group tours designed for the memberships of prestigious educational and cultural institutions (museums, colleges, universities), facilitating dignitaries, study leaders, scholars, scientists, and naturalists.
Clients include: Yale, Harvard, U of Illinois, U of Pennsylvania, UCLA, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, Horchow Collections, Duke, Vassar, American Museum of Natural History, Denver Museum, Dartmouth, Tufts, Kansas, Washington SEA, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Florida State, Auburn, Emory, McGill, National Trust, Pudue, Alberta, Tennessee, Alabama, Indiana, William & Mary.
* Led one-of-a-kind tours to the former USSR and Eastern Europe in the 80's before the fall of the Wall, China in the early 80's when it first opened to the West, Myanmar (Burma), Machu Picchu, Vietnam, East Africa safaris.
* Operated new and challenging tour itineraries and travel industry trade shows.
* Selected to launch Maupintour's inaugural top-tier “Gold" programs (Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong).
* Led People-To-People Citizen Ambassador Tour Programs providing educational travel experiences through seminars and cultural activities, where delegation participants connect with their professional counterparts overseas.
Destinations: Soviet Union, Finland, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Germany, China, Hong Kong.
* Led Rotary International charter group tours for Maupintour to Bangkok & Singapore, including travel on the Eastern Oriental Express.
* Led charters on Epirotiki and Royal Olympic Cruise Lines (Greek Islands & Turkey), Norwegian Cruise Lines (Alaska, S.Korea, Japan, Vladivostok, China), Star Clipper (Tahiti & French Polynesia).
* Led various cruise charters: Fjords of Scandinavia; New Zealand; Panama Canal; Caribbean, The Rhine (Amsterdam thru Germany, France, Switzerland., Italy)
* Worked virtually all aspects of corporate meetings, convention & incentive travel programs.
Destinations: US Virgin Islands, Houston, Austin, New York, Las Vegas, Dallas, Bermuda, Hilton Head, Traverse City, Boston, Phoenix, San Diego, Portugal, Hawaii, Acapulco, Nassau Bahamas, Switzerland, Cancun Mexico, Barbados, San Francisco.
* As International Operations Manager, responsible for the operation of 50 adventure tours and cruises worldwide, for the world's largest birding company.
Destinations: Africa; Antarctica; Asia; South Pacific; Europe; South America; Alaska; Canada.
"I have had the privilege of knowing Mr. Chuck Denny since 1985, and working with him during my 16 years as Director of Tour Managers at Maupintour, Inc. Chuck was always a true professional, honest and considerate in business and personal matters. He managed his duties as an independent international Tour Manager flawlessly and always brought back satisfied guests. I could count on Chuck to assist in emergency situations and never heard him ask what was in it for him. Chuck was consistently rated in the Top 10 yearly Tour Manager rating polls, achieving the #1 rating worldwide and Tour Manager of the Year (1999). He has the ability to lead both domestic and international tours with expertise and ease in any region, country, or circumstance with grace and class, including difficult and challenging areas of the world. Chuck was very successful in bringing clients back again and again with expectations exceeded. He had a large alumni following who would travel with him wherever he went. Many comments such as the following were received: “Our every need was anticipated and met, every detail was attended to, every transaction was confidently handled, and every interaction the warmest. Clearly, Chuck has set the Gold Standard for your company and his profession! We look forward to future travel with Chuck Denny.” Chuck was not only dedicated to his guests, but in assisting other Tour Managers who did not possess his experience. He was always willing to prepare Tour Managers for new destinations and assist office staff in developing new tour area or revising old itineraries. As a friend, we spent many hours discussing our families and interests in our children. Chuck is dedicated to his family, and treasures the time he is able to spend with them. I have the utmost respect for Chuck, and his ability to balance his home life and his career. I am very pleased to write this letter and would highly recommend Chuck Denny be given every consideration. You will be well rewarded with him being associated with your company."
- Dale Vestal , Former Director of Tour Managers, Maupintour
"I have had the privilege of knowing Chuck Denny for many years and to have him work for AFC Vacations as a tour manager since 2015. I highly recommend Chuck for his experience and expertise as a tour manager for both international and domestic tours. Chuck is a “rock star” among tour managers. He has all the qualities it takes to operate a fantastic program and bring all the passengers back home really happy. He is extremely organized and prepared, a great story teller, and a superb problem solver. Clients just love him. He has a wonderful way with people and makes them feel safe and appreciated. In summary, you will be very happy you hired Chuck Denny, because he will certainly “deliver the goods” and bring back nothing but happy clients ready to book another tour with you soon."
- Randy Case, President and CEO, AFC Vacations
"I hired Chuck to manage the touring division of our travel company. He has a national reputation as an elite Travel Director and consistently receives rave reviews from clients. I found his attention to detail and commitment to projects above what I had expected. He eventually became my right hand in this busy tour operation. Chuck delivers what he promises when he promises it. He has the highest integrity and is a great person to work with. Highly recommended - you will be blessed to work with Chuck."
- Daniel T. McManus, owner Team Floral, former owner of Protocol Travel and World Tours
"I have known Chuck for over 40 years. We attended college together and pursued a mutual interest in travel as a career potential by attending the International Tour Management Institute together. Upon graduation, Chuck immediately connected with some of the most well known and respected tour operators. Within a short period of time he became one of the most revered tour and travel directors for these companies. Chuck’s engaging personality, attention to detail, sense of humor, and strong moral values are great strengths that have served him well in this field. Chuck exudes professionalism and enthusiasm and is an asset to any business endeavor he pursues."
- Deborah K. Howard, Tour Manager